(To renew the verification code, please click the picture.)
Have an account already? Login

Reset Password

Please enter your register email. We will send a letter to your email. Click the link in the letter to reset your password

Reset Password

An email with instructions for resetting the password has been sent to your email.


The following information on visas is for reference only. For further details or updated information on visa regulations, please contact the nearest ROC embassy, consulate or representative agency, or visit and call the life advisory service hotline for foreigners in Taiwan: 0800-024-111. Please be sure you understand the rules and regulations regarding visas before you leave your country.

1.Visa Types

(1) Landing Visa/ Visa-Exemption (Enter Taiwan with passport)

- The duration of stay starts from the next day after arrival and is not extendable.

- Visitors must leave Taiwan before the expiration date.

- It is not able to change the original Visa into Visitor Visa (purpose of studying Chinese at NCKU CLC) in Taiwan.

(2) Visitor Visa (Purpose of Studying Chinese)

- With the admission letter issued by CLC, students can apply for a Visitor Visa (purpose of studying Chinese) before coming to Taiwan.

- If students received a “Single Entry Permit” visa when first entered Taiwan, upon leaving Taiwan, must reapply for a new Visitor Visa at the nearest R.O.C. Consulate or representative agency before entering Taiwan again.

- If students have the Visitor Visas that allowed to stay in Taiwan for 60 or 90 days, as long as maintain good academic standing and class attendance as full-time students, may apply for extending the Visitor Visa up to a maximum of 180 days.

- If the visas are non-extendable or when no further extensions are granted, students must leave Taiwan to obtain a new visa. Alternatively, long-term students may need to apply for a Resident Visa in Taipei or Kaohsiung after 4 months of continual enrollment at CLC.

(3) Resident Visa Students who entered Taiwan on a Visitor Visa (purpose of studying Chinese), may apply for a Resident Visa after studied 4 months at CLC.
For more visa information:

2. Visa Extend- Visitor Visa (Purpose of Studying Chinese)


To extend the Visitor Visa, students should have the admission letter with the purpose of studying Chinese at CLC at NCKU. The 60-day visa can be extended for another 60 days twice. The 90-day visa can be extended for another 90 days. The maximum duration of both types of visa is 180 days.

Required Documents:

To extend a Visitor Visa (for the purpose of studying Chinese), students need to submit the following documents to the local Immigration Agency:

- Multiple-Purpose Application Form for Foreigners
- Enrollment Certificate & Attendance Record
- Valid Passport
- CLC Student Identification Card
- Proof of payment for future quarter enrollment at CLC

The above are for reference only, please check the Immigration Agency's website before apply:

3. Applying for Resident Visa

Students who entered Taiwan on a Visitor Visa (purpose of studying Chinese), may apply for a Resident Visa with the following conditions:

- Continuously studied at the CLC for 4 months;
- Maintain a good study and attendance record;
- Intend to continue studying at the CLC for another three months and paid tuition for next session
- Did not leave Taiwan for more than two weeks during the period of studying at CLC

Students who entered Taiwan on a Visitor Visa (purpose of studying Chinese) and eligible with specific condition may apply for a Resident Visa at Ministry of Foreign Affairs. After received Resident Visa, should to go to the Immigration Agency to apply for an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) within 15 days

To apply for a Resident Visa, one must first go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Kaohsiung or Taipei with the following documents:

- Online Application Form (
- Enrollment Certificate & Attendance Record
- Grade Transcript & CLC Student Identification Card
- Study Plan
- Financial Statement (including transaction records)
- Health Certificate (issued within 3 months)
- Valid Passport
- Two Color Passport-Size Photos (2 inches)
- Proof of payment for enrollment in following quarter(s)
- Other supporting documents (e.g. Rental or lease agreement)

The above are for reference only, please check BOCA's website before apply :